Advantages Of Using A Multi-Purpose Backhoe Loader
1. Decreases the need for labour and labour costs: At a time when labour shortage is a major issue in the country, BHLs reduce the need for manual labour, because a single machine is capable enough of performing multiple tasks at the jobsite. Moreover, while the manual labour might have the expertise in doing one task only, BHLs are able to perform variety of tasks just with an additional attachment. This helps the companies to significantly reduce both - the labour costs and the overall cost.
2. Results in timely completion of the projects: BHLs are not at all affected by any weather conditions or any other external factors and therefore, they can very well complete the projects on time. Also, they are highly advanced and technologically-sound machines, so they complete the tasks faster and in a smoother way.
3. Leads to accuracy and reliability: BHLs allow the contractors to complete the work with minimal quality defects, shielding them from claims arising from poor workmanship. Since today many construction contracts in India include a defects liability clause, BHLs help the companies in averting any such situation. Also BHLs improve the quality of work by accurately doing every task.
4. Leads to profitability: Increased productivity and the reliability of BHLs ultimately translate into higher profitability. In addition, BHLs
For further information,also make it easier for the companies to complete their projects within budget at a reduced overall cost.
Mr. Manish Arora
Mahindra Construction Equipment
5. Promotes safety at the jobsite- At any construction site, safety of the employees working on the ground, particularly within confined spaces when heavy materials are being moved around, is a major issue. BHLs put an end to these worries by moving the workers far away from the danger zone.
6. Enhances brand value: If projects are completed on time and with minimal errors with BHLs, the brand value of business increases in the market, which in turn helps the construction companies or contractors in getting new clientele.
In a nutshell
There are clear benefits of using BHLs at a construction site. These include: improved quality, timeliness, better project financials and safety, among others. Hence, it is obvious that the demand for BHLs is expected to grow drastically in the future. In fact, as per Off-Highway Research, sales of BHLs in India is expected to increase from the 21,192 units sold in 2015 to 28,000 machines by 2020, resulting in a 32% increase. Also, in the future, it is expected that more and more manufacturers will be coming up with the new BHLs model to cater to the growing demand. However, market leaders like Mahindra Construction Equipment (MCE) offering Mahindra EarthMaster BHL model will maintain their firm ground owing to the number of benefits offered by them. In fact, if we talk about the major advantages offered by the multi-purpose Mahindra EarthMaster BHL model, then there are many –
1. Mahindra EarthMaster comes with a Banana Boom with 7% more reach as compared to others. This longer travel ensures precise digging in congested or near the wall digging applications, thus, leading to less defects and greater productivity at all times.
2. The joystick-operated effortless power controls that come in the Mahindra EarthMaster can minimise fatigue, thus, allowing operators to work for long hours. Thus, this feature of the equipment can help in reducing overall project’s completion time significantly.
3. MCE’s BHL comes with intelligent features like REMOTECARE, which makes it possible to get business information like daily vehicle usage or health reports, fuel level notice, maintenance warning and other updates through SMS on mobile phones. This makes equipment monitoring quite easy for the managers as well as the operators.
4. The MCE’s backhoe comes with 6-in-1 bucket on the loader, which is capable of performing many tasks.
Well, the list of advantages offered by multi-purpose BHLs especially Mahindra EarthMaster is endless. All we can say is that the BHLs can be your best bet for performing a variety of tasks with accuracy at the jobsite.
Civil Engineering & Construction Review is a leading monthly news journal, launched in 1988, at New Delhi, India by Trend-Set Engineers Pvt. Ltd. Its dedication to reader satisfaction and also towards fulfilling the ever - growing needs of the construction profession, makes CE&CR the first choice of all those connected with the construction industry.