Mapei’s Planitop HPC - For Repair And Strengthening
Planitop HPC is a two-component fluid mortar suitable for casting into formwork without the risk of the mortar segregating. Areas with thickness up to 40 mm can be cast without using reinforcing steel; for thicker areas, suitable reinforcement steel is the solution.
The Planitop HPC is appropriate for repairing and strengthening of concrete structures that require the use of a free-flowing, ultra-high performance and high ductility mortar without using reinforcing steel to limit the thickness applied.\
Fig. 1: Planitop HPC for New Construction
Some Application Examples
- Seismic upgrading of elements subjected to high stresses where high ductility is required
- Structural strengthening by cladding reinforced cement pillars and beams
- Repairing the lower spigots on pre-compressed viaduct beams
- Reconstructing and levelling off the upper parts of pulvinos and bearing elements of piles for motorway viaducts
- Reinstating floor slabs after removing deteriorated areas by scarifying
Fig. 2: Planitop HPC for Repair and Strengthening
Low weight and stiffness increase
High fire resistance
High adhesion on concrete
How Is Planitop HPC Different From Traditional Repair Material?
Advantage Over The Carbon Fibre Applications System
- In case Carbon fibre requires extra protection
- Can increase more flexure strength
- Can increase more compression strength
For more information,
Civil Engineering & Construction Review is a leading monthly news journal, launched in 1988, at New Delhi, India by Trend-Set Engineers Pvt. Ltd. Its dedication to reader satisfaction and also towards fulfilling the ever - growing needs of the construction profession, makes CE&CR the first choice of all those connected with the construction industry.