Vinci, Spie Batignolles Win €800 m Contract
A €800 m contract to build the first section of a rail link between Orly airport and Versailles has been awarded to a joint venture between Vinci and Spie Batignolles.
The link, to be called Line 18 of the Grand Paris Express, will initially run between Orly, to the south of Paris, and the southwestern suburb of Massy-Palaiseau. The work will involve digging 12 km of tunnels and building three stations, to be called Antonypôle, Massy Opéra and Massy-Palaiseau.
Vinci will take a 75% share of the joint venture. Its team will be led by Vinci Construction Grands Projets, and will also involve Vinci Construction France, Dodin Campenon Bernard and Botte Fondations. The remaining 25% will be made up of Spie Batignolles Génie Civil and Spie Batignolles Fondations.
When fully complete in 2030, the Grand Paris Express will add four lines to the city’s rail network, comprising 200 km of track – 90% of which will be underground – and 68 stations.
Civil Engineering & Construction Review is a leading monthly news journal, launched in 1988, at New Delhi, India by Trend-Set Engineers Pvt. Ltd. Its dedication to reader satisfaction and also towards fulfilling the ever - growing needs of the construction profession, makes CE&CR the first choice of all those connected with the construction industry.