Waterproofing System For Rapid Applications
The PURTOP range is a series of continuous, one/two component, polyurea-based membranes without solvents. These are suitable for application on various types of substrate.
Membranes from the PURTOP range are formed by means of a highly reactive, solvent-free chemical reaction. This reaction ensures that, once the two components come into contact with the substrate, they create a waterproofing membrane in just a few seconds.
PURTOP membranes set to foot traffic and become waterproof immediately, and within a very short space of time, they develop their full performance characteristics.
Exceptional mechanical properties, elongation at failure of more than 300% and excellent resistance to aggressive agents are just some of the certified characteristics of this product. PURTOP membranes also carry CE marking as being compliant with EN 1504-2 (“Concrete surface protection systems
PURTOP membranes are the result of research work carried out in the Mapei R&D laboratories and are manufactured in the Mapei facilities around the world in compliance with the most stringent safety standards and the most severe testing protocols regarding environmental sustainability.
It is a well-known fact that, in urban areas, the local temperature rises due to the high density of buildings and traffic; the fewer or total lack of green areas, parks and open spaces help mitigate this phenomenon. The technological solution to counteract this phenomenon is based on two types of roof:
- Green Roof - garden roofs that help mitigate the effect of atmospheric pollution while, at the same time, improving the overall appearance of buildings and providing a more pleasant landscape.
- Cool Roof - flat roofs with special high reflectance and high emissivity finishes which, apart from improving the level of comfort inside buildings, help reduce the temperature of the surface of the roof.
Membranes from the PURTOP range may be used to great effect on both types of roof, as they are certified as being resistant to root penetration (in compliance with the European Standard CEN/TS 14416).
Benefits Of PURTOP Range Membranes
- Suitable for all types of surfaces – horizontal, vertical, curved, ceilings
- Quick reaction times (just a few seconds)
- Immediate waterproofing and set to light foot traffic
- Coloured finish, available in all RAL colours
- Products certified according to the most severe standards
- Excellent mechanical properties and resistance to abrasion
- Excellent static and dynamic crack-bridging capacity, including at low temperatures
- Good resistance to aggressive chemicals suitable for repairing existing structures and for new waterproofing system
- Attractive finish
- Easy to maintain
- PURTOP Easy: One-component elastic polyurethane waterproofing membrane
- PURTOP EASY T: one-component transparent polyurethane membrane that gives flat roofs a new lease of life without altering their attractive finish
- PURTOP 400 M: Waterproofing membrane for large flat roofs and bridge decks
- PURTOP 600: Suitable for application on horizontal, sloping, and curved surfaces, not subject to traffic, on civil and industrial buildings
- PURTOP 1000: Waterproofing membrane to storage tanks, basins, and hydraulic structures in general, as well as any structure requiring protection with a high-performance membrane.
- PURTOP HA: Waterproofing membrane for small to medium size terraces and flat roofs, and for repairing surfaces waterproofed with hybrid polyurea and/or pure polyurea-based membranes
PURTOP EASY is a range of ready-to-use polyurethane products by Mapei for waterproofing balconies and terraces with just one single coat.
The high elasticity and excellent bond-strength to substrates of these products make them ideal for both new builds and old floors, rapidly guaranteeing a perfect waterproofing solution.
Their versatility also allows each installer to choose their preferred application method - with a trowel, roller, or by spray.
PURTOP EASY is a one-component, ready-mixed polyurethane membrane for waterproofing balconies, terraces, and flat roofs quickly and simply.
Benefits Of PURTOP EASY
- Fully impermeable
- ETAG 005 certified system
- Resistant to root penetration
- Resistant to ponding water
- Resistant to foot traffic
- Excellent and full adhesion to substrates
- Resistant to low to high temperature (-20oC to +80oC)
- Resistant to UV Rays
- CE Marked membranes
Application Of PURTOP Easy System
For further information,
Civil Engineering & Construction Review is a leading monthly news journal, launched in 1988, at New Delhi, India by Trend-Set Engineers Pvt. Ltd. Its dedication to reader satisfaction and also towards fulfilling the ever - growing needs of the construction profession, makes CE&CR the first choice of all those connected with the construction industry.